Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Back To Work

Today was my first day back at work in 10 days and it was hotter than H***!
What a great day, though, I forgot how much I enjoy this job and can't even imagine what it would be like to be behind the bar again.
When I made it back to the program, willingness took on a whole new meaning for me.
Willingness today, not only means taking suggestions, making meetings and talking to other alcoholics, but it means making decisions and choices that are recovery centered and TRUSTING the process!
The first decision I made for myself was to change my profession.
I have proven to myself, time and again that it is impossible for me to work around alcohol and stay sober.
I was willing to give up financial security if it meant me staying alive.
I now work, selling plants and peaches making minimum wage in the sweltering heat and I can honestly say that I've never been happier, it truly is a humble and frightening existence, but I've seen what this program has done for people around me and I trust the process.

Thank You God, Thank You AA.

Peace

4 Comments:

Blogger Grace said...

Hi welcome to the blogosphere, just came across your place from another sobriety blog. I am on the same route but not doing as well as you!

26.7.05  
Blogger michelfrie60558665 said...

i thought your blog was cool and i think you may like this cool Website. now just Click Here

28.9.05  
Blogger Antonio Hicks said...

I was just browsing various blogs as I was doing a search on the word poster, and I just wanted to say that I really like what you've done with your blog, even though it wasn't particularly related to what I searched for. I appreciate your postings, and your blog is a good example of how a blog should be done. I've only just recently started a Posters website - feel free to visit it when you get a chance if you wish. Much success, antonio.

9.11.05  
Blogger walterericks5997561664 said...

hey, I just got a free $500.00 Gift Card. you can redeem yours at Abercrombie & Fitch All you have to do to get yours is Click Here to get a $500 free gift card for your backtoschool wardrobe

4.10.06  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Hit Counter
Web Site Counter